10 days after Caleb left, my mom came. HOORAY. I knew she was coming so there was no surprises on a bridge this time. My mom was supposed to get into Sevilla at 10a but instead got in at 6p. oops. She was a little sad about all that but got over it before she walked through the airport doors. Because she was so late, I was able to go pick her up with my roommate. She was nervous about the taxi ride to the hotel so we were able to talk for her…that was fun to hold her hand in the back of a cab. We missed each other a lot. A lot, meaning being together but not like I am dying here without her. She is just my best friend, you know? Well we ate dinner with Abby and had a well needed sleep that night.
We arrived in Madrid via the AVE train (speed train) the next day and immediately went on the town and also went to the Plaza Mayor. Plaza Mayor has a lot of people and my mom bought a painting from one of the artists that she is very excited about. While in Madrid we took the tour bus (my favorite part) a few times around the city and also went to an acrobat show. I cannot tell you how much I like going to live shows. They make me happy for sure. Did we eat at TGIF and Hard Rock during our trip? Oh yes we did. I loved every second of it. American food is very good, if you are deprived of all existence for 3.5 months. Yum.
In Barcelona, we were able to go to the coast and watch surfing. I felt like I was in California so much. We, again, took the tour bus around the city a few times. We saw the 1992 Olympic stadium and also a castle in Barcelona. We got caught in the rain. I will remember that for always. We were laughing, crying, and being crazy because we had nothing to help the situation. We had great talks about life, memories, and the future during the trip which were very precious to me. I value the input of my mother and how she can be quite honest with how I am acting and I just take it so easily. Something about a mother wanting to be apart of your life after you figure out that you are all about them being in your life that is freeing. My mom is wise and I have now embraced that.
No comments:
Post a Comment