Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I am here. Let the focused blogging begin.

Today is my first day in Spain. I am loving it, surprise. Life has been long the past 28 hours but I am being strong and cannot wait to go to bed tonight.


I will start off from the beginning. I woke up and my momma wanted to pray with me, presh. I have nto had a prayer session with my mom in like years and I totally missed it. She is just so great and I love her so much. I then headed to O'Hare with my madre and abuela (mom and gma). Honestly, our goodbye was like 3 minutes and I will in line to get my boarding pass. I cannot believe I said goodbye to my mom in three minutes. Rockstar move, I know. It felt like the group was in the Chicago airport forever, it took no time to get through security and all the 19 travelers were together for the first time. I did not sleep more than 20 minute intervals through the whole 7.5 hr flight. I wish my sleeping pill would have zoinked me out and I wouldn't feel so yuck right now. We had a long layover in Madrid too, stinky. Well on the connecting flight to Seville, where I am currently calling home, I sat next to Alexis Bledel's BF, John Paul from Great Britian. Alexis was not sitting by him but was three seats from me. That was kind of kewl, well other than I really made him mad.

I had no idea he was famous, c'mon... me knowing what a model looks like is not a characteristic trait I hold. I saw Alexis and I mentioned to him, thinking he was a common traveler, "Well, it isn't everyday we see famous people". He literally was mad, he was like huffing and puffing and saying things under his breath. I was thrown off by this reaction so I just went mute and fell asleep. When we were landing, I apologized to someone who I still thought was a common traveler and then he talked to her while getting off the flight like two peas in a pod. Does this make sense? Well, it didn't to me at the time but I thought I would share a story of travels. Those are always fun.

We arrived in the aeropuerto and got on a bus to be dropped off at the host family. My host mother is Amparo. She is a grandma and lives with her husband. The house is small and Abbie n I share a room. Love that. I can talk spanish into the night with that girl. Hooray.

More to come! Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you made it! I have to be honest - I just googled Alexis and John Paul. I didn't know who either of them where.

    Was that your first celebrity encounter??
    Thanks for posting so soon.. I've been thinking about you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! HILARIOUS about Alexis Bledel's bf...I love that that happened. You will have SO many stories to share. love you and praying for rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you sat next to John Paul! hahaha you are great! Keep the stories coming :)

    ReplyDelete