I have realized today that I have left you all in the dark as to my last week at Culver's, sorry about that.
My last week... Well, I was actually quite sad to leave that job seeing that I actually had an end point and I didn't choose to leave like the other three total jobs I have had. That week, I was able to chat with someone from Hiebing Ad Agency about a job in research. Anne is a senior research analyst and does a great job doing her position. We sat down for the morning and just talked and went through some booklets and sheets about things she has done in the past. I really liked this time because she seemed to care about her position but also want to help me figure out my near future endeavors.
I ended up doing a few binders for the marketing team that last week. Secret confession: I am obsessed with binders. There is something about those binders that just makes me want to do more. It is a awkward thing to talk about so I will just stop while I seem to be talking on the same wavelength as the general public. I had a going away lunch with David, the VP of Marketing, on Monday and we talked about my tasks at Culver's and things pertaining to my internship. It was nice to sit down and just have a conversation. When I say VP of Marketing, I am talking about a man that is willing to answer your question even if he thinks it is a dumb thing to talk about. I did also have a lunch at the end of the week with the entire marketing department at Culver's (duh) and we chatted about life, like any other Friday, and also about how my internship went. Those people are great people to work along side and I will miss them dearly as I move on to bigger journeys.
Like Spain.... AH! It is literally two days away. I am so at peace about it though. I should be nervous but I am not. I think it could be the multitude starting to pray for my journey or it may be that this is just an experience I am supposed to just go for without thinking about anymore. I have teetered this Spain idea for a long time and now I will have my last full day in USA tomorrow. Too crazy, bah! I will miss my friends alot and I will miss my mom a ton. I will miss my security and surroundings while I do my thing at NWC. I even think I will miss my boy, I know... I know, sappy. He wrote me letters to read twice a week while I am gone. What a darling man who just loves to sweet talk his way into my heart over and over again. He is my keeper, for sure. My closest friend group even gave me a photo/encouragement/task book for 20-some of the days I will be gone. I get to read it on certain days and remember those here in the USA that miss and love me so stinking much. I am one blessed little girl.
Do I have my large suitcase measured and packed? Abs. Am I literally buying three things at Walgreens tomorrow and then I will have everything? Um, YES! Holy smokes people. My next blog entry will be me in the midst of locals in an internet cafe just writing (in English) about endeavors and short falls I will have already encountered. Let's talk soon and frequent, okay? Lord help me be more like you and less like me when I start this temporary life for four months. ahhh, okay okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment