I will now be filling you in on the last two weeks of activities, you are welcome.
I went to our Advertising Agency two weeks ago and viewed marketing from their perspective. In marketing, there is the corporate/client side and then there is the agency/pleaser side. I have to say, I LOVE working at Culver's Corp but I REALLY loved the life the agency had to offer. I love the strategies that the team at the office have to come up with. I LOVED the different departments that all have a creative side and ALL work together to make beautiful things. I really loved being in the strategy session they reenacted for us. Can you and I hold a secret? Culver's is doing another Facebook campaign for a new and improved product. I know, I know. You are on your end of your seats to know, but I have signed a privacy act so you shall be patient and I will still stick with my contract to not share what is not public knowledge. GREAT NEWS: I get to go back to the agency next Tuesday (Aug 16) to follow the Research Analyst around. << Dream Job! ( I think, at least) For all that do not know, I have a terrible staring problem. My favorite thing to do is people watch. I could tell you distinct things about certain individuals in a room that you, as the person trying to hold a conversation and keep my attention, may never have known were in eye sight. I ROCK at eavesdropping and being nosey. Opps? Mah, no way.
What else have I been up to? Well, I AM still sitting at a desk and I am still doing data entries but I ALSO am working at the library and (secretly) loving it. I work at the library doing odd jobs to fulfill my Com. Service hours. I shelf books and do, yes I know, data entry about books. Last Thursday, I even alphabetized ALL the mysteries, large print, and half the fiction books. I even found a missing book. What have you done for your local library lately, BOO YAH! Oh goodness, for a girl who hasn't read a book cover-to-cover since "Where the Red Fern Grows" in 7th grade, loving on books is a huge thing.
I do get to go to the new commercial shoot. It is this Wednesday at the Sauk City restaurant. I cannot wait to see the actual commerical after watching it being filmed. Something about knowing things before people and surprises REALLY excites me. Another blog for another day on that topic, I could go on for days about loving surprises. For the past month, Culver's Corp has been doing fun events each week to raise money for the local chapter of Relay for Life. We have done pie throwing, dunk tanks, and bake sales and to all who want a goal to beat in a 100 person company fundraiser, how about over $6,000. Man is that great? I think yes. I cannot believe my internship is over on the 19th. I sure hope I can write this paper in a matter of a night because I need to do a four credit class in a matter of three weeks. Cake? I am thinking it could be a stretch. I finished my Econ 1 class online this past Friday. It feels good not to have that pressure on my shoulders anymore. I think I did okay in the class too, tell you later on actual accomplishments in that class.
As for Spain? Well, I DO know where I am living (exact address), I DO know that there is a house 3 blocks from mine that will house 3 girls from NWC... yes please, and I DO know that my mom took two days off in order to send me off well (thanks, mom). Man, I feel like I am leaving tomorrow and that I have no time left in the USA but I do. I have weddings to go to, friends to visit, bags to pack, and classes to pass. Let August fly by just fast enough to get everyone and everything in. I am feeling the anxiousness coming on and the peace of God amongst me. Thank the Lord!
It was so good to see you this last weekend Laura! So glad that we were able to find a time for EVERYONE to get together. Amazing! Looking forward to hearing more about all the craziness happening in your life in the next month. :)
ReplyDeleteoh little girl, you are HILARIOUS. i love your writing style. and i TOO rock at eavesdropping. we could be sisters! (yes please)
ReplyDelete