Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WEEKEND!


This weekend was an adventure of the city. I loved this weekend. People are mean but the people in my program make life way fun. This weekend started and ended very chill. In total, I think I only did five things total:  church, flamenco, movie, tapas, and time in the park.
I went to the same church as I did two weeks ago and it was such a blessing to have a seat and not sit on the marble floor. It literally makes a world of difference, flesh speaking but honest answer. There are about 60 people that go to that church and they just love each other so much. I read a little in my Bible when I wasn’t following the sermon and I found some uplifting things to encourage me I will understand this language soon enough.
I went to a flamenco bar that has a legit dancer, singer, and guitar player. It was very authentic and historical. I am turning into a little Spain brat when it comes to authentic Spain and not tourist Spain. We will see if I get better at the language and then I can really be a Spain snob. Ha. The singer sounded like a dying man and I could not really hear the guitar player so in reality I only really liked the dancer. She was out of control. She would do a foot dance this (kinda like irish river dancing) and then she would do these very sensual actions. Kinda awk with boys around. I think Cale would have closed his eyes, what a lil guy. Oh yeah, I think I stole a postcard but I thought they were free. Mark it on the calendar, I stole something for the first time in my life.
Movie.,, ha ha. I watched “Twilight” (That movie is a funny one. I especially love the spider monkey comment. Any Twilight lovers out there know that part by heart?) in a coffee shop for the two-hour span. People looked at Kristen, Ab, and I as if we were dumb Americans or something. I was so not caring. I miss having people over to share moments with and just watch a movie. QT is really hard to receive when hanging out costs a soda or tapas. Have I told you guys that to have a friend over is like taboo in this culture? I thought it would be chill for people to come over and just hang out but not so fast. All is well.
I had the BEST tapas so far… they were somoillo del whiskey. I just loved the flavor they had in them. I really like trying all this new food. I would not find this food in the United States for sure. This food is incredible, no lies. I am eating seafood as well. I love that I am willing to try all… it is making this whole eating WEIRD things a better experience.
Time in the park was shared with Ab and Bre. The park we went to was gorgeous and I want to go back there again for sure! The three of us went one of these Jesus excursions when we first got here and it was fun to do it again. I am thinking that the Lord had a lot to share with me but I can sum it up by saying that the Lord has given me things in life that show his glory so in that I am to be valiant. I just am loving that the Lord is calling me to be valiant and that I can say I am valiant. Valiant in itself is a great word. It gives me strength just thinking about it.
            I am full of life these days and I thank God for these precious moments. Miss you all, but only a lil.

2 comments:

  1. sounds fab! i would've loved the flamenco bar! i'm glad to hear things are going so well and that you are trying so many new foods! keep loving the Lord <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Lord is doing so so much in you!! how do you say "valiant" in espanol? :) it's great that you can experience the differences and the love of the church while you are there!

    ReplyDelete