Saturday, June 25, 2011

Photo Shoot, HEYYYYYY!

I am back to share a decent amount about my internship and topping it off with some thoughts on Spain.

A few weeks ago I went to the Culver's tv commercial shoot (day 2) that was right in the test kitchen at Corporate. Holy smokes, that was a load of fun. I got to be on set and watch the shoot from a bird's eye view one take and listen (like one of the editors) in another shoot. I heard the scoop on how they hated the shot/loved the shot, I heard the VP of Marketing tell me what they were looking for, the verbiage had to be just perfect or else the take was garbaged.

This last Monday I went to a food photo shoot. This was VERY interesting. I think it was probably something I never thought I would go to. What happened is they shot 6 menu items in a matter of 10 hours. The lettuce had to be right, the cheese had to have the right symmetrical angles to eachother, and the bun had to have the right "puffs" with no wrinkles. We had 20ish trays of buns to look through to find the perfect bun. It was nuts. I give mad props to the food stylist that does this on a consistent basis. Did you know they have a job called a food stylist? I did not.

I was on the phone for the last three days for literally 3 hours and then 4 hours straight. It has been a new thing for me as I am NOT patient on the phone and could do without the telephone. Face to face communication is the way to go. For sure. This was my first week that I looked at my co-workers and said, "Wow, you need Jesus." Then the next thought was, "I sure hope you (God) don't call me to lead them to you". Oops, that was a little raw but true feelings that I get when Jesus shows me opportunity. I will get better, even if I don't want to. Not my plans and path but His.

Spain you may be wondering about, or not. As for Spain, I had a thought this week that I was REALLY going to miss my boy and my mom a lot. My friends will always be a phone call away but my two earthly rocks will not take turns caring deeply for my heart. Am I just realizing this? Yes. Do I think more and more about how this trip will not only teach me spanish but also about my Maker, who he is? Oh gosh, yes. There is something special about feeling God's calmness spread over my conversations about Spain because I am totally chill about the grand scheme of the trip. I literally could not think of a better opportunity or location to "get away". I got a confirmation that my mom IS coming to Spain. HOORAY! We will have a blast together, I know it. I want Caleb to come with me but I also am getting to the realization that we need to save money in order for us to live life the way we have been for the last 4-5 years of our lives. College was a joy ride, real world is like mature and serious. Right? We will learn, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment