Monday, May 16, 2011

Post: numero uno

I thought I would get this party started by letting all of you know that preparation has started....
  1. Paperwork: CHECK
  2. Passport: CHECK
  3. Visa: CHECK
  4. Plane Ticket: Soon
  5. Nerves: WOW
I cannot tell you how nervous I am to actually start the mental and heart journey to leave my life I am satisfied with and go to be totally overwhelmed in another lifestyle.

Why am I going?
  1. I just love the Spanish-speaking culture far too much to let the language barrier get in the way.
  2. I am committed to not giving up on life when it is too hard (i.e. being quite illiterate in Spanish)
  3. I want to experience something different that I will never see the same way again, youthfulness.
I really feel the lead from God that He has a plan for me in this Spanish language fluency/struggle. I have had up and down days of if I am supposed to go but I always come back to knowing in my deepest heart that I am supposed to go.

Pray for me. Love on me. Laugh and cry with me. I am going to love sharing the good and bad days of prep-Spain and Spain with all of you who care to listen (read).

1 comment:

  1. Starting a blog about your Spanish adventure makes this all seem so much more real! I knew it was coming up, but I felt like it was still in the distant future. Wow!I cannot believe you're leaving - but I find comfort knowing that you are coming back...soon! Caleb is too irresistible to stay away for very long... right?!

    We are praying for you and your preparation :)

    ReplyDelete